The PLA Media CD is a CDR full of All Things PLA. It consists mostly of things you can usually download on the net for free but there are also a lot of extras and more will be added to the CD as things become available. It includes all of the prank calls and PLA TV videos in low quality formats. Here are a list of things that you’re likely to find on this CD:
- All of the sound clips from our web site, mostly prank calls. (mp3 and wav formats) As of November 2003, the sound directories had 469 files totaling 165 megs. That’s a lot of prank calls.
- Every track from both of the original PLA prank call CDs (Operator Leaving Line and Give Me Liberty or Give me Steak) which used to sell on this site for $8 to $10 each. (all mp3 format)
- All the Dino Allsman clips, plus a couple of extra Dino clips that were never featured on the web site.
- All of the incoming tech support calls. Plus a lot of tech support calls that you won’t find on our site. This includes a lot of reject calls but also a lot of funny ones that just dragged on too long to use on the site.
- All of the incoming auto parts calls.
- All of the incoming movie theater calls.
- All of the hotel and motel calls.
- All of the incoming super_store calls.
- All 47 the PLA text files. (1 – 46 plus the 99 issue)
- All of the United Phone Losers issues
- All of the Boulder News Frenzy issues.
- All of the Pink Fluffy Phreaking Bunnies issues, also known as Dark Fluffy Phreaking Bunnies and Peachey Inc.
- Pictures – some of the pictures you find on this page and some other stuff.
- All of the PLA TV videos in low-quality Windows Media or Real Media format.
A note to MAC users – a person who ordered our CD wrote to tell us that while the PLA Media CD still works in a Mac, the Mac still doesn’t know how to read file names that are in the PC format. The Mac truncates the file names after the first eight characters, leaving the CD kind of unorganized and not very pretty to browse through since we use long file names on just about every file. The obvious solution to this would be to sell your Mac and buy a PC like a real man.
Please keep in mind that this is just a CDR, not a professionally produced CD. We burn it and write the month and year on the CD. At $5.00 per CD we obviously make a profit on each one sold. But PLA is still a non-profit site and all proceeds will go into more merchandise and promotion, as always. On these CDs, I’m keeping close track of how many are sold and then giving away more than 100% of our profits away in free media CDs. Passing them out at 2600 meetings, cons, friends, etc. So remember that for every Media CD you buy, we’re able to give about 10 – 15 away for free. Thanks for the support!
An audio CDR
This audio CDR contains all of our incoming pizza joint calls and all of our incoming super store calls. The difference between this CD and the Media CD (which contains all these calls and more) is that this is an audio CD that will play in just about any CD player. These are not mp3s! Why should you purchase this CD when you can get more on the PLA Media CD? Because this one will work on almost any regular CD player, such as car stereos and CD Discmans. They’re also nicely ordered on this disc, rather than just alphabetized like it is on the PLA Media CD. You could just buy the PLA Media CD and burn your own copies of this same disc. If you have a CD burner, that is.
Please keep in mind that this is just a CDR, not a professionally produced CD. Below is a track listing of everything on this CDR. Tracks 1 through 23 are pizza calls. Tracks 24 through 34 are Super Store calls. The total running time on this CDR is approximately 67 minutes. This CDR costs $3.00.
|1.||Not An Advice Service||:22||18.||Don’t Call After 11:00||1:41|
|2.||Complaint About Girlfriend||2:50||19.||Cockroaches For My Sister||1:39|
|3.||You’re Too Old||1:45||20.||Fat Fingered Girl||4:56|
|4.||Don’t Piss Me Off||:54||21.||The Right Place||:27|
|5.||Hang Up||1:06||22.||Kids In The Phone||1:34|
|6.||Kind of a Waste||:41||23.||Go Ahead And Tell On Us||2:08|
|7.||Fight||:53||24.||Drug Dealer (part 1)||1:59|
|8.||Can’t Find Your House||1:11||25.||Drug Dealer (part 2)||1:27|
|9.||Vegan Driver||1:21||26.||Christmas Bows||1:15|
|10.||That Doesn’t Cut It||:39||27.||Store Directions||1:09|
|11.||Party Deal||3:05||28.||More Store Directions||1:17|
|12.||Service You Sexually||3:09||29.||Wrestling Rings||1:19|
|13.||Health Regulations||:42||30.||Call From The Doctor||1:27|
|14.||Credit Card||2:04||31.||Prepaid Phone Card||2:31|
|15.||Jack Cancels His Order||:19||32.||VCR Remote||2:47|
|16.||Don’t Be A Nazi||1:53||33.||Message For Robyn||1:28|
An audio CDR
This is an audio CDR of PLA’s first album from 1994, entitled Give Me Liberty or Give Me Steak! There are 44 tracks on this CDR. Please keep in mind that this is just a CDR, not a professionally produced CD. Someday we’ll put up a track listing of this CDR. The total running time on this CDR is approximately 60 minutes. The cost is 3.00.
An audio CDR
This is an audio CDR of PLA’s second album, entitled Operator Leaving Line! There are 33 tracks on this CDR and it was first released in 1997. Please keep in mind that this is just a CDR, not a professionally produced CD. Someday we’ll put up a track listing of this CDR. The total running time on this CDR is approximately 60 minutes. The cost is $3.00.